Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Midtown













I have long been fascinated with things midtown.  The diversity, the bohemian aura, the local restaurants, coffee shop, bars and places of (not just evangelical Christian) worship...
It is time for me to move...I've known it for quite some time, and have been planning accordingly.  I began downsizing, giving away, breathing new life in old things I already possess.  Then I began hanging at places mid-city, such as Republic, Cafe Eclectic, Au Fond, Do's, Pho Hoa Binh, etc.  Lastly, I took my running to Chickasaw Gardens where I fell head over heels in love with the architecture and originality of each of the homes, from the bungalows (especially the bungalows) to the stately mansions, which coexist quite harmoniously alongside each other.
December brings with it my move.  I have lived in East Memphis most of my life, so this is a new adventure.  The photos above are of my soon to be condo....not my furnishings yet, but I LOVE the deep rich walls and tumbled stones and bamboo floors.  Cannot wait to be there....oh, and as I was pulling into my parking place today, the car a few places down from me wore a sticker proudly proclaiming, "Democratic Women are the Life of the Party!"  Feeling right at home already.....

No comments:

Post a Comment